Monday, May 11, 2009

Start of a busy week...

Print This Post Well, I hope everyone had a great weekend and a nice Mother's Day! Shawn and I went golfing with his mom yesterday. It was a great day for golf, now I just need to learn how to actually hit the ball! My mom is traveling so I only spoke to her on the phone. She and Dad were in the Badlands of South Dakota, on a mission to see a herd of buffalo. Sounded like they were enjoying great weather and a good trip. Some of the rest of us will be joining them in Idaho this next weekend. Boise is the home of the Wildland Firefighter Memorial. This next weekend is family weekend when they place new memorial markers to honor wildland firefighters. Saturday there will be demonstrations of forest service activities and Sunday is the memorial ceremony. This year a marker will be placed in honor of my brother, Mike. I am really looking forward to the trip. I know it will be very emotional, but I am and always was so proud of Mike and his firefighting career. It just feels right that there is a way to honor him.

In the meantime, I need to get a few samples done this week and get the shop ready to be without me for a few days. I just received an email confirming the shipment of some of this year's Christmas fabrics. They should arrive by Wednesday already! Tomorrow (Tuesday) is daytime open sewing. Join us if you can. Thursday is our first apron class. We are doing the jelly roll friendly Four Corners apron at 5:30pm. Call the shop to sign up.
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment