Friday, July 17, 2009

Did we miss August?!!!

Print This Post I am wondering where the last half of July and the whole month of August have gone? As I sit down to write it is overcast, chilly and misty. I am a summer girl and rarely if ever complain about the heat. The heat will be back and August is coming, I hope you have circled the 22nd on the calender and will come and shop or come and sell at the "Quilter's Yard Sale". This event has grown every year. The more sellers the more fun so pack up those UFO's, books and patterns-not quite right and fabric that no longer speaks to you. It is true that one man's "stuff"s is another man's "treasure" so bring those treasures to sell. You can still get space and a table. Call Melissa at the shop(hopefully before July 31st) and she will put you on the list. "Seams Like Home" will have lots of specials, lots of deals, lemonaide and treats. Come and join the fun. We set up a tent for inclement weather but as to date the weather has always been fine.
Seams Like Home has a new look inside. It was time to move things around in readiness for Quilt Minnesota and Fall. Some of the summer samples have been taken down and new samples have taken their place. There is inspiration everywhere and advice and assistance whenever you need it.
This is the week that my small niece heads to camp. She has been looking forward to this all summer. I am sending her a letter with some money inside for the "store". She is going with one friend, otherwise she will know no one. Such courage should be rewarded.
And finally this. My husband and I went to the movies this past week. We went to our little small town one screen movie theater. I love this place. Multi-plexs have their points but you simply cannot replicate the look, the feel and the smell of a theater that has been around as long as the "Lake" has. This theater has loads of neon signs, a ticket window where "back in the day" I imagine tickets were sold as you stood outside, hot buttered popcorn and the newest releases. OK, so the movie we saw was Disney's "Up" it was an animated poignant story of loss,unfinished dreams, deep love and a child that marches to his own drummer. In the end it was about gently letting go. The crowd was small, mostly adult. There was a young Mom there with two small girls around 4 and 6. They sat close together, eating popcorn, sharing their drinks, the girls were completely captivated by the movie. They showed the full range of emotion from devastation and tears to loud no holding back laughter. They didn't censor themselves ,they did not care what others thought. At the end of the movie, they clapped. Such honest emotion, not even on the screen. They were worth every penney of the admission price. Till next time!

2 comments:

  1. I will have to stop by on the 22nd. I love the fabrics you carry! I will be creating new products out of my fabrics that I picked up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that I love the cooler weather. But the heat is just around the corner and it will probably be really hot on the 22nd! I can't wait to buy some new fun fabric on sale that day too! Lisa

    ReplyDelete