Monday, June 15, 2009

One busy week!

Print This Post Last week simply flew by! We hit the ground running on Monday with quilters traveling north to prepare for the Minnesota Quilt Show and Conference. We were participating in the "Great Potty Stop Hop" and the quilters just kept coming. Everyone having so much fun. It was a bit of the "school just let out" feeling with the summer or in this case the week stretching out with so many possibilities. Singles, couples, groups and buses, we had them all. The staff here at Seams Like Home thanks each and everyone of you who stopped in for a visit. Melissa and I were able to get to the show on Thursday. What inspiration, what talent. We were humbled and awed. We spent time slowly honoring the Alzheimer's quilt projects. Stories told from the heart that had to be read slowly and completely. We congratulate all the ribbon winners and everyone who "jumped off the dock" and sent part of who they are to be viewed and appreciated. We submitted work of our own in the non-judged category. "Wildfire" was pieced by both Melissa and I in 2007 to honor Mike and his career as a Wildland Firefighter. We hope you saw it.
Here at the shop today it's all about playing catch-up and putting things back to order. When I get a chance to catch my breath I want to tell you about our amazing trip to Boise.
I hope the sun is shining in your life. Until next time. Susan

1 comment:

  1. I love the shop! See you guys soon. I hope the purse and dress I left help you generate some interest in the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete